This Canadian immigration Self-Employed Program is designed to attract those applicants who intend and are able to become self-employed in Canada. Self-employed persons who intend to live in Quebec are not eligible under this program and should apply under the Quebec Self-Employed Program.
To qualify for this program, applicants must have the relevant experience, intention and ability to either:
- make a significant contribution to the cultural or sporting life in Canada as artisans or as athletes at an international level; or
To immigrate as a self-employed person, you must:
- have relevant experience
- be willing and able to be self-employed in Canada
- meet the program’s selection criteria and
- meet medical, security and other conditions
Your experience is relevant if you have:
- taken part in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level or
- been a self-employed person in cultural activities or athletics
Relevant experience for a self-employed person means at least two years of experience.
It must be during the period starting 5 years before the day you apply and ending on the day we make a decision on your application.
At a minimum, your experience must be:
- for cultural activities:
- 2 one-year periods being self-employed in cultural activities, or
- 2 one-year periods participating at a world-class level in cultural activities, or
- a combination of a one-year period described in (a), and a one-year period described in (b)
- for athletics:
- 2 one-year periods being self-employed in athletics, or
- 2 one-year periods participating at a world class level in athletics, or
- a combination of a one-year period described in (a) above, and a one-year period described in (b) above
Criteria that include your:
- language abilities
Medical, security checks and other requirements
You and your family members must have a medical exam and get police certificates.
You must also show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.
Note: If you do not submit the original results of your official language proficiency test with your application to the Central Intake Office (CIO), your application will not be processed and will be returned to you as incomplete.
Contact us and talk to our professionals for better understanding of the program
Ref. IRCC website